Air Transport Packaging Requirements
The packaging of air cargo is very strict. Therefore, during air transportation, the packaging of the cargo must be in strict accordance with the relevant provisions of air transportation, so that the packaged cargo can safely reach the designated place.
General provisions for the packaging of goods
1. The package of goods shall be firm and intact, and can prevent the package from cracking, leakage and loss during transportation; Prevent damage or deterioration of goods due to stacking, friction, vibration or changes in air pressure and temperature; Prevent injury to operators or pollution of aircraft, ground equipment and other items.
2. The advance materials (such as wood chips and paper chips) in the package shall not be leaked. Except for the goods packed in paper bags (such as documents, data, etc.), the consigned goods shall be bound with packing belts. It is forbidden to use straw bags or straw ropes to bind goods.
3. In addition to being suitable for the nature, state and weight of the goods, the packaging shall also be convenient for handling, loading and unloading and stacking; The outer surface of the package shall be free of protruding nails, hooks, thorns, etc; The packaging shall be clean, dry, and free from peculiar smell and oil stain.
4. The packing belt used for binding the goods shall be able to bear the full weight of the goods and ensure that it will not break when lifting the goods.
5. If the packaging of the goods does not comply with the relevant provisions in this manual, the shipper shall be required to improve or repack the goods before they can be collected and transported.
Special provisions for some goods
1. Powder goods
If it is packed in bags, the outermost layer shall be wrapped with plastic coated textile bags to ensure that the powder will not leak out, and the gross weight of a single piece of goods shall not exceed 50 kg; If it is filled in cardboard barrels, wooden barrels or plywood barrels, it is required that the barrel body is not broken, the joint is tight, the end is sealed, and the barrel hoop is firm and firm; For glass bottles, the weight of contents in each bottle shall not exceed 1kg. The outer package shall be made of iron or wooden materials, and the box shall be filled with padding materials. The gross weight of a single cargo should not exceed 25kg.
2. Liquid cargo
There must be 5-10% gap inside the container, and the cover must be flat and tight; Do not spill. The volume of liquid contained in glass containers shall not exceed 500 ml. The gross weight of a single cargo should not exceed 25kg. The box shall be filled with padding and absorbent materials to prevent shaking or liquid seepage.
3. Goods that are not afraid of collision
No packaging is needed, such as tires; Goods that are difficult to count, irregular in shape, similar in shape to transportation equipment or easy to damage the aircraft shall be wrapped with rope, linen or additionally packed.
4. Precise and fragile goods
The gross weight of a single piece of goods should not exceed 25kg. The following methods can be used for packaging:
① Suspended packaging: use several springs or ropes to hang the goods in the middle of the box from all directions.
② Multi-level packaging: goods - lining materials - inner packaging - lining materials - transport packaging (outer packaging).
③ Packaging of glassware: foam plastics and other cushion materials with sufficient thickness shall be used to tightly wrap the glassware, and solid corrugated paper boxes or wooden boxes shall be added. The articles in the boxes shall not shake.
④ Anti-inverting packaging: that is, packaging with large chassis, portable handle ring or ridge-type box cover; Such packaging must be used for glass plate and windshield that should not be placed horizontally.
5. Large goods
The bottom of goods with large volume or weight shall be equipped with sleepers or bottom supports that are convenient for forklift operation.
Partial packaging type regulations
1. Wooden box
The thickness and structure shall be suitable for the safe transportation of goods; The wooden box containing valuables, precision instruments and fragile items shall be free from corrosion, moths, cracks and other defects.
It shall be able to bear the total weight of the same kind of packaging goods stacked for 3 meters or 4 layers.
3. Basket and bamboo basket
The preparation shall be tight, neat, firm, continuous and without strip, and the overall size shall not exceed 50 × fifty × 60cm is appropriate, and the gross weight of a single piece should not exceed 40kg. The contents and liner materials should not be leaked. It shall be able to bear the total weight of the same kind of goods stacked three layers high.
4. Iron bucket
The thickness of the iron sheet shall correspond to the weight of the goods inside. Small and medium-sized iron buckets with a single gross weight of 25-100 kg should be made of 0.6-1.0 mm iron sheet, and large iron buckets with a single gross weight of 101-180 kg should be made of 1.25-1.5 mm iron sheet.
In short, if air cargo is to be carried out, the shipper should know how to package the goods to pass the air transportation regulations, whether special packaging is required, or whether cartons are used for packaging, so that the shipper will not require repacking or improvement because the packaging does not meet the requirements.