Air Transportation Mode
The specific operation modes of standard air transportation mainly include: flight transportation, charter transportation and centralized consignment; Air express delivery, cash on delivery, air transportation, etc.
1. Flights refer to aircraft that set sail regularly, route, departure, route and destination. Its biggest feature is that it can accurately grasp the time of departure and arrival.
2. The charter transportation refers to the leasing of the entire aircraft or part of the cabin to the charterer by the airline or charter agent according to the conditions and rates agreed in advance with the charterer, and the transportation from one or several air stations to the designated destination. Generally speaking, the freight of charter flights (cabins) is lower than that of flights, but the scope of activities is small.
3. Centralized consignment means that the air freight forwarder forms a whole batch of several separate shipments of sporadic goods and consigns them to the airline. Fill in a master waybill and send it to the same destination, and then the air freight forwarder will entrust the local agent to receive and distribute the goods to the actual consignee. The most important feature of this method is that it can obtain a lower freight rate than sporadic shipments, and reduce the cumbersome handling of consignments by cargo owners themselves.
4. Air express means air express. This method is especially suitable for the fast transportation of small items such as urgently needed items, medical devices, valuables, drawings, key parts, samples, documents, etc., and meets the needs of the fast-paced modern society.
5. The method of payment on arrival is that the consignor or its agent and the carrier reach an agreement in advance, and the carrier collects the price of the goods recorded in the air waybill on behalf of the consignor or its agent when the goods arrive at the destination and deliver it to the consignee, which is also the business of collecting payment on behalf of the consignor or its agent. The air freight, declared value and handling charges are prepaid by the shipper or paid by the consignee at the destination.
6. The use of container transport in air transport is the general trend. However, due to the special shape of the aircraft cabin, in addition to the standard container used in the cargo cabin of large aircraft, non-standard containers with different sizes, volumes and shapes are generally used. Container transportation is mainly used to improve transportation efficiency, save packaging and facilitate turnover.